Monday, 9 November 2009

Oh dear!

The system is now on hold, and may even be finished.

I spotted that the selections made from historical data were not exactly the same as those being selected each day. It turns out that there was a bug in the program that makes the selections from historical data. I've fixed the bug, and it now shows the system to be a loss maker.

This is very disappointing, as well as embarrassing! All may not be lost though. I need to compare the selections from the buggy code with the selections from the debugged code, and try to work out how different they are. It sounds daft, but it's possible that I may end up adding the bug to the code that makes the daily selections.

Still, I've made almost £1000 in six weeks, so it's not all bad.

Will post again once I've analysed the data. Hopefully I'll be able to salvage something from it.


Cran said...

It could have been worse, you could have lost £1000 in six weeks...

Even if rebugging doesn't work you'll find something else in the data.

JS said...

Just shows how important it is to keep on top of your analysis. I'm sure most people having made £1000 in six weeks would of just blindly stuck to it regardless of any new findings.

JS said...

Systems are for fools - real men tarde, check out my blog for tips :)

JS said...

Previous comment was obviously not me Allan. It’s an Anon poster who can't think of an original way to get back at me after I embarrassed him on my blog a while back. I would just like to take this opportunity to invite everyone on my blog to see just how silly I made him look, it’s awfully entertaining. By ridiculing idiots you are doing your part in aiding the evolution process.